Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

     I know that I am truly blessed, but to be honest, I don't think about it as often as I should.  But around Thanksgiving, one can't help but reflect on what is important in life.  So I've decided to really think about what makes my life worth living.

They are in no particular order.  Well, the kids are definitely number 1!

*Andrew, Chloe, and Lily- I know that this is obvious, but there are too many days that I don't tell them just how special they are.

*Ryan- Yes, he drives me crazy, but deep down I love my husband more than anything.

*My parents- I seldom tell them just how special they are to me.  I guess that I just take their existance for granted.  I can honestly say that I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for them (that includes the good and the bad!)

*My sisters: Andrea, Jamie & Steph-  I couldn't have asked for any better.  We fight like sisters...but we are best friends like sisters too.  I know that they will always be there for me and I need someone to watch my back!

*My faith-  This too seems pretty obvious, but the older I get, I'm realizing just how much I need it.  My faith guides my actions and definitely helps me to parent.  Without God and my church (St. Mary's) I would be lost.

*My family-  I love my family.  There are so many of us, but I wouldn't want it any other way!

*Laughter-  This has helped me through the numerous rough times and has made life enjoyable.

*Simplicity-  I don't need gossip, drama, hectic schedules, or confrontations.  I have recently realized that I am thankful for the simple pleasures in life.

Take this time to think about what you are truly thankful for.  Hopefully tv, money, etc. won't be at the top of your list.  Hopefully it will be the simple things in life.  Things that we too often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!