Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Beginnings

     I've seen a lot of blogs talking about all of the great things that they've done and accomplished this year!  Well, I'm a mom of four and if I'm being honest, the great things that I've accomplished this year are....Andrew, Chloe, Lily, and Thomas!  Sure, I made some crafts, redesigned a couple of rooms, painted some furniture, but all of that pales compared to being a mom.  I've learned a lot of things this year too.


     I know that I need to schedule EVERYTHING!  I mean seriously, if I don't schedule cleaning out closets, it won't get done.  It took me 14 years to figure that out, but I'm hopeful that now that I know, this year may be more productive.  I realized that I'm a terrible work-from-home mom!  I can't dedicate enough time to my kids and a job at the same time.  I did pretty good when I left the house to work, but working from home- not so good!  I've realized that I enjoy making lists and really trying to keep to them- such as grocery lists, menu plans, etc.  I've realized that our house will be ok if everything isn't cleaned and put away.  That's not an excuse- our home isn't dirty and gross...we just have tons of toys!
    
     I'm hopeful that this year will be more productive.  I don't make resolutions but I do have some things that I'd like to accomplish.

1.  Become more organized
     - that means less collecting
     -get rid of things that we won't use within a year (no more keeping things for a super long time
       for the just in case moments)
     -teach the kids to be more organized with their things and to not collect more stuff

2.  To grow stronger in my faith
     -deep down, there is still so much to learn and I love it
     -I want to have the knowledge of my faith and conviction to be able to defend it if necessary

3.  To be the person that everyone wants to be like
     -ok this one is a little vain!
     -I guess I just want people to realize that I'm not really a hoarder and it's not always my fault
       that we're to late to just about everything!

4.  To enjoy every moment, no matter how insane it is at the time
     -to roll with the punches, go with the grind, SURVIVE!
     -to relax and enjoy my children

5.  To become debt free or at least move closer to it
     -we have a plan in place, and we're working on it
     -if we can stick to our plan, ALL debt will be paid off within 5 years!
          -3 credit cards, 1 car payment, 2 student loans, 1 house payment, 1 home equity loan

     Sure, some of these may not happen but it will be worth working towards these goals!  Here's to a new year and to new beginnings.

LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!