Wednesday, January 27, 2016

DIY Arm Knitting Scarf

Lookie what I made last night!  I've been seeing tons of tutorials for arm knitting a scarf, but I've been really hesitant on trying it out.  I've NEVER knit anything before in my life, so I just wasn't sure how it would turn out.



Last night, I had some down time (NEVER happens) and knew that I could probably knock one out. So, I looked up a bunch of YouTube video tutorials.  They all said that it should take around 20-30 minutes once you got the hang of it.  I would get one row done and then try to switch the yarn over to my other arm and it would get all messed up.  I'd then have to take it apart and try again.  Andrew kept laughing at me because I kept replaying the same 30 second clip for about 30 minutes!



I then found this video.  She demonstrated the same arm knitting technique in a slightly different way.  It was so much easier for this newbie, that I actually made this beautiful scarf.  The hard part for me was combining the two ends.  I just happened to finish the scarf when Ryan and the girls came home from a father-daughter dance.  Then I lost track of where I was... but no fear, I somehow got it to work!  Instead of combining the two ends like in the video, I took my tail yarn and basically stitched the two ends together.  You really can't tell unless you're me or you're really into arm knitting!

I bought this yarn at Joann Fabrics and got 1 skein for $7 (on sale).  It's a little more on the expensive side but I love the mixture of colors and the fact that the yarn is thick in some parts and then narrows out.  It definitely adds more dimension to the scarf.  Let me know if you've made one before and how it went.  I'd love to hear your stories!

LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!