Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Classroom Library Individual Sticker Organization

     I've finally completed the little stickers that go with my classroom library labels.  It took me longer than I had anticipated because I wanted them just right.  I didn't want to do it half way to just turn around and have to fix it once my books are out of my home and in to the classroom.


     Originially, I was just going to type in the basket label for the individual book stickers.  But then, I thought why do extra work and have the stickers look boring!  It dawned on me that I could use the labels themselves...just smaller for the books.


     Every book will have a basket label on the back.  This way the kids will know where to return the
books.  The book labels are the Guided Reading Levels, popular authors, popular series, genres, and themes.  I made the labels so they can be printed on Avery 5160 labels.  Each Avery label fits two book labels.  Then you just need to cut down the middle and add them to the books.

     Once I started my 40 Bags in 40 Days, I knew I needed to clear out my books.  We have SO MANY books from the kids and from my former classroom.  So many, that they were going a little crazy on the shelves.  It was time to purge and keep what I felt would be helpful when I go back to teaching.  Many books got donated and some just had to be recycled.  I carried the keepers in to the house and sorted them out.  Most already had generic Guided Reading level labels on them from my class, the themes and authors were easy to sort too.  Then there was a HUGE pile of books that didn't fit into a category and weren't sorted by level yet.


     This is what our Living Room looked like for about 4 days.  By day 2, many of the books had been taken care of and any sorting that had been done was destroyed by Thomas!  He had a blast just climbing on them!  It just took a little longer than I had thought it would.  While I was doing this, I decided to catalog all of my books too.  I said I was going to organize this the way that I wanted and not just part way.  So, I went all out.  All of the books have been put in an excel file (I don't have a fancy phone that can snap the bar codes!)
   

You can find these awesome labels HERE!

LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!