Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I love my cans!

     Not only do I have jars of baby food falling out of the cabinets, but I also have baby formula canisters.  Lily will be drinking PKU formula for life, so imagine how many cans I have.  At first I threw them into our recycling bin.  Then a light bulb went off.  I can use the cans to help me organize my life.  At a glance, I look pretty organized but behind the scenes, I am a mess! 
     So the Periflex Infant labels were stripped and the cans were cleaned out.  Be careful when washing these because the inside lip can be sharp and they leave a nasty cut!  Trust me, my hand knows.  After the cans are cleaned, I measured out a strip of patterned contact paper.  Chloe helped me choose the patterns!  You can also glue strips of paper or ribbon to the outside of the cans.  We decided that we would organize our hair clips.  So we covered the cans and took pictures of each type of hair accessory.  I printed the pictures out and taped them to the front of the cans.  Now, when we are looking for something in the morning, we don't have to dig through a bucket of hair stuff.  Yes, it sounds anal, but it definitely makes our mornings a little easier.  My kids are great morning kids but staying on task is not their forte. 


     We have also made some of these cans for Chloe's Sunday School teacher.  She uses them in her classroom for pencils, scissors, paper clips, etc.  She had actually wanted to do this but didn't think about it until after her child was no longer using formula.  Well thanks to PKU, we will always have formula cans to use as crafts!  So if you need any, just let us know.

1 comment :

  1. I am glad to see someone is using these cans! I can't tell you how many we have thrown out (My son is four and we go through a can every 2.5 days!). I just can't use them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!