Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Phe level 75 to.......125 Yea!

     So, Lily's last few phe levels have been 0.9 or lower.  The dietitians were worried that I wasn't feeding her!  Trust me, she was eating and I was consistent in getting her to 75 phe daily.  They finally decided that Lily just needed more phe.  She was jumped to 125 phe per day.  To put that into perspective- 1 ounce of 2% milk is 50 phe and 15 saltine oyster crackers is 20 phe. 
     I know that doesn't sound like a lot to those of you who don't have PKU, but it is.  Lily now has a few more options during her meals.  It also makes it a little harder for me.  I just had her schedule down to 75 phe and now I have to make sure she gets an extra 50 in there somewhere. 
   

1 comment :

  1. I know making those adjustments are hard! I keep telling myself though that one day we will be happy to have the extra phe to work with and will probably be begging for more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!