Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tutu Drive 2011

*To share the Tutu Drive 2011 Button (above) locate the button on the right side of the blog.  Then copy the code underneath the button and paste it to your site.  Let's spread the word!*
    

     Thanks to Samster Mommy for this wonderful idea.  I am truly inspired to craft and make a difference in the life of a child.  The Tutu Drive is a way to make and donate dress up items to children's hospitals.  I am currently in contact with St. John's Children's Hospital in Springfield, IL as well as Hope Children's Hospital and University of Illinois Medical Center in Chicago.  On a side note- my nephew has HLHS and had his 3 heart surgeries at Hope Children's Hospital and my daughter, Lily, has PKU (like you didn't already know!) and is treated through the University of Illinois Medical Center.  So these two hospitals are close to my heart.
    Now, let's get back on track.....the whole reason for the Tutu Drive is to bring a smile to a child's face.  All children love to dress up and play pretend, especially the ones who are having difficulty living the life that they are given.  So why not use our talents and make that difference.  If you don't have a crafting talent, maybe you have a shopping talent and could purchase a dress up item!  I will be using my blog to make dress up clothes and post the tutorials.  I am hoping that others will step up and make some great items as well and even share your tutorials. 

     I shared a tutu tutorial (try saying that five times fast) last year, but in case you missed it, you can find the tutorial here!

 So here's the plan:

#1 Make/Buy a tutu sometime between now & the end of July & mail it to me. It's needs to be sealed in a Ziploc baggie & the baggie should be labeled with the size. I'll gather all the goods together & send them off in one big box of goodies! And if possible, email me a pic of your creation so I can feature it on the blog.

Please send all donations to:
Littlest Sweet Pea
742 John St.
Pecatonica, IL 61063

#2 Please help spread the word! I would love to be able to send over 100 tutus and other dress up items.

#3 Everything must be NEW!  All items must be handmade or purchased & never used. Nothing second hand or worn can be donated. If you think about it, it makes sense. These are going to sick kids, cleanliness is of the utmost importance. Also please make sure all items come from a smoke-free home & if you have pets please keep them away from your creations.

1 comment :

  1. Great idea! I am getting ready for a craft show...but once that's over I will see if I can do this. Never made a tutu but I'm sure I can follow your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!