Friday, October 21, 2011

Menu Plan Week 2


     So it's Friday and somehow I was able to make another week of menu planning.  Whew!  I really wasn't sure if I could do it.  I love having lists and crossing them off once I've finished it.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment.  I know, weird right!  Anyway, the whole reason I wasn't sure if I could accomplish it is because of my husband.  He's sort of a kitchen nazi (think of the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld)  Yeah, that's my husband!  The kitchen is sort of his little man cave. 
     When I told him my plan, he was extremely skeptical.  One because I would be doing the cooking and two because I WAS IN CONTROL!!  He's not such a big fan of me being in charge of the kitchen and what our family gets to eat.  Oh well. 
     Once the week got going, and he realized that he didn't need to make any stops on the way home from work, he started liking the idea.  Then he realized that he could come home and play with the kids, he liked the idea even more.  Finally, he realized that nobody would be dying from my cooking!  That sealed the deal. 
     I did all of the grocery shopping on Thursday, just me and Lily.  It was like a vacation from grocery store insanity!  I was able to take my time and actually look at the food and prices.  I was able to find great deals.  And since Lily's talking is limited, I never heard "Mom, can I get this?  But Mom!, Pleeeeeaaaase, or Mooooooooommmmmmm!"  Like I said, it was AwEsOmE!  I don't think I'll ever go back to grocery shopping as a family.  We didn't purchase a single thing that we didn't need.  Well almost.  I did buy a Butterfinger!  Shhh, don't tell anyone.
     Now, that I'm just about done raving about my awesomeness on grocery shopping and menu planning.  Let me tell you what we're having this coming week.

Saturday:  Salisbury Steaks, Rice, and Green Beans
                     *The kids' love the school's salisbury steak, so I'm hoping to really WOW them!
Amanda's Cookin Blog


Sunday:  Homemade Chicken Nuggets and Potatoes
                   *Lily has some Chicken (aka Mushroom) Nuggets!  I'm also going to slice up
                     some potatoes, add some seasoning, and cook them in the oven.  Potatoes are
                     something that all of us can eat without any changes!
Soup Belly Blog


Monday:  Crock Pot Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy
                   *OK, I'm not a huge pork chop fan.  But the hubby is, so this night is all
                     about him.  Wait, I take that back!
Amanda's Cookin Blog


Tuesday:  Tacos
                       *We usually use flour tortillas. The kids don't like the corn ones! We use a package
                       of taco seasoning and mix it with cooked turkey. We always use shredded cheese,
                       refried beans (most of the time it is mixed in with the turkey), spinache, and
                       occasionally fresh tomatoes. The tomatoes are really just for me. No one else eats
                       them! I also like sour cream, but alas there's no point buying it since I'm the only
                       one who eats it.

              
Wednesday:  Left Over Buffet

Thursday:  Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole
                      *We've never tried this before.  But I'm all about delicious food and the fact
                        that you use a crock pot~ super easy!  Set it and forget it!!!  Also don't
                        forget to line your crock pot to make for an even easier clean up.
Amanda's Cookin Blog


Friday:  Pizza Night

Feels Like Home Blog





Photobucket
This is entry is being linked with http://orgjunkie.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!