Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu Plan Friday

   
     Like I mentioned in the last post, I'm trying to get back on an organizational track.  Trust me in our house is crazy hard.  My husband does most of the cooking (I know I'm pretty lucky) but the downside to that is he doesn't plan ahead.  He'll stop at our local grocery store and pick up what he needs on the way home from work.  Then we'll do a grocery shopping marathon every two weeks.  I just realized, that if we're doing some crazy food shopping (like $200 food shopping) why do we need to also pick up some ingredients almost daily.  The answer, my husband isn't a planner.  We always only have half the ingredients.
     I've decided that I'm going to try to remedy this.  My husband is a little ok A LOT worried about this.....he doesn't think I can cook!  I don't think that I cook well, but I can cook.  So to make this work, we're coming up with a meal plan.  I'll do the grocery shopping (if needed) on Thursday when I go into Freeport (weekly MOPS meeting), and blog about my awesomeness on Fridays and share my meal plan.  If the food turns out good without anyone gagging, I might even toot my own horn during the course of the week!
     Obviously, it isn't yet Friday, but I was pretty excited about this whole meal planning thing that I thought I'd just jump right in.  A lot of blogs share their meal plans on Monday and I've gotten some great ideas.  However, as a follower, I didn't have time to view the meal plan on Monday, make it to the grocery store, and make the meal.  Yes, I stay at home, but it's not like I'm magical and can just bibbity boobity boo and my house is clean, laundry is done, story time has been attended, crafts have been made, blog written on, bills paid, etc.  Oh sorry about that.....it was a Freudian slip.  The hubby still wonders what I do during the day!
     So, here we go:  The rest of the week will be posted on Friday! (I hope)

Tuesday
     Left Over Night-  Breakfast Casserole

Wednesday
     Crockpot Spaghetti and Meatballs


Thursday
     Taco Pie



Friday
     Pizza Night- we always make our own pizza!

     I'm pretty excited to try the Crockpot Spaghetti & Meatballs.  I really excited because it sounds pretty easy and I probably can't mess it up.  The Breakfast Casserole is a favorite in our house.  It's never the same, just depends on what we have on hand.  We use Bisquick to make the crust and this time we mixed in cheese and bacon.  Sometime we add eggs!  Next time we make it, I'll write down the instructions and share. 
     As far as Friday's go, we usually grill out or do pizzas.  Sometimes we make our own crusts, but those usually are a bust.  So most of the time we buy pre-made crusts and add our choice of sauce and toppings.  It always makes for a fun night, since everyone is involved in making this dinner.  Lily even has her own pizza, thanks to Cambrooke!  Lily loves both of these.  Especially the Pizza Puffs.
Cambrooke Pizza Puffs

Cambrooke Cheese Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!