Monday, February 13, 2012

Meal Plan~ Feb. 13-19


     I'm baaaaaaack!  Sounds like a horror show doesn't it?  Well my cooking definitely isn't a horror show.  I made a few meals last week that the ENTIRE family loved, including the cooking guru hubby!  Their favorite was a pulled barbecue chicken.  I baked the chicken breasts in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.  Used a fork to pull the breasts apart, threw them into the crock pot, added some barbecue, and just let it warm up for a couple of hours.  I wanted to make sure the barbecue flavor was throughout the chicken and not just sitting on top.  It was definitely a hit and there weren't any leftovers!  Now that's a successful dinner!
     Here's the plan for this week.....

MONDAY:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, and mixed veggies
                      *The hubby isn't too fond of meatloaf and neither are the kids, but I happen to love it.
                        It's actually a comfort food for me and with the temps dropping, it will definitely warm
                        me up!
via

TUESDAY:  Valentine's Dinner with the In-Laws
                       *It's not really about me and their son, it's all about the grandkids!  Go figure :)

WEDNESDAY:  Crock Pot Chicken Quesadillas
                             *The food sounds delicious and the recipe appears to be simple! 
                                That's my favorite combination!
via

THURSDAY:  Sloppy Joes (Sing It Adam Sandler....gotta love that guy!)
                         *I saw him at Western Illinois University, back in the day, and he was hilarious!
via


FRIDAY:  Left Over Night

SATURDAY:  Chicken and Dumplings (Ryan's favorite!)
via


SUNDAY:  Cheesy Potato Casserole
                    *This reminds me of my Grandma Lynde and the fun family get togethers.  A few years
                      ago, my mother-in-law made it and added ham.  That turned it from a side dish into a
                      main dish!  This is definitely one of my family's favorite recipes!  You can find the
                      recipe on the back of most hash brown bags.  We just add the ham and spruce it up!
via


LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!