Tuesday, April 24, 2012

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go...

     First, I'd like to apologize for not writing in almost a month!  Whoa, the time has flown by.  I'm getting busier with my crafts, my husband is coaching track (which leaves me doing all the running), Andrew is in track (so we're going to all of his meets), and I'm 31 weeks pregnant!  With all of that going on, I'm running out of time and have no energy!  However, I will be working really hard at getting on a better schedule.  Without a schedule, our family tends to go a little bonkers, and by adding one more to our number, who knows what could happen!
     So, in the fall, Andrew played football (you can read about it here).  Let's just say, it wasn't the most pleasant experience for us (and here).  But, Andrew being Andrew, just let it slide.  Recently, he decided he wants to play football again in the fall.  What. In. The. World!  Being the AwEsOmE mom that I am, I'll suck it up and hope for the best!  Andrew really is a great kid. 
     After football season, came basketball season and Andrew decided not to play.  And just as basketball season was coming to an end, track season was beginning.  Andrew did decide that he wanted to participate in this.  His team consists of sixth and seventh graders and has about 20 boys.  I really think that Andrew wanted to run track because of his dad.  Ryan has been coaching track ever since Andrew was tiny.  So, now we've got two trackers (that's what Andrew used to say)!

     At first, Andrew was struggling.  He just didn't know if he was a sprinter or a long distance runner.  He's not super big, so he didn't think he could do the discus or shot put.  He didn't even want to attempt the hurdles.  Something about landing on the them made him cringe!  So we went to the first practice and just tried everything (well not the hurdles)!  That's my boy.

     He quickly realized that long distance wasn't his thing.  We also learned that Andrew has asthma!  Then Andrew learned that even though he's a little smaller, he does pretty good at the discus. 

     Each meet has given Andrew an opportunity to try something different.  He's run in the 100m, the 200m, the 4x100 relay, and the discus.  I'm really proud of him.  I've always wanted my kids to try new things.  I would love for them to play sports, because I did, but my main goal is to give them experiences.  I'm quickly learning that as a parent, my kid days are over.  I can't force things upon my children, it just doesn't end well for either of us!  I'm also realizing that there are so many things out there that my kids love and are pretty good at.  I knew that my children would teach me things, but it still amazes me every time they do!
I love his expression in this picture!


LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!