Friday, December 7, 2012

Crisp Root

     Lily and Thomas are still doing great with their phe levels.  We went to the PKU doctor this week for Thomas' 5 month check up.  I can't believe he's 5 months old already.  Anyway, Dr. Hoganson asked when I wanted to start baby cereal with him.  With Lily, I decided to wait until she was 6 months old, like the older two.  I've decided to do the same thing with Thomas.  The problem, he's wanting to eat almost every 90 minutes.  Seriously.  He's only getting around 12-14 ounces of Periflex a day, so the rest of the feedings are from me.  I love nursing my babies, but every 90 minutes is a little rough!  He nurses, burps, and then about 60 minutes later he's hungry again!  I'm afraid that he's going to be a little monster. hehehe
   
 Lily is still just Lily.  She's my little petite three year old with a wicked sense of humor.  Her levels are also doing great.  She's finally starting to try new foods.  She recently tried BBQ flavored Cassava chips.  She loved them! 

     They're only 0.43 phe per gram, which is really low when you think about how much phe is in a regular potato chip.  We ordered the chips from Lil's Dietary Shop because we haven't seen any in our local grocery stores.  The brand is Crisp Root and they've got 4 different types of chips- BBQ Bliss, Original, Sea Salt, and Thai Ginger.  I really like the chips too.  They're much crunchier than potato chips and don't have all the grease!


LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!