Wednesday, June 19, 2013

#DIY Floating Photo Frames

We've had our bedroom walls blank ever since we moved into our home SEVEN years ago.  Since we were putting it on the market, I knew that something had to go on the walls.  I didn't want to break the bank trying to outfit our room.  

     I knew that I wanted black and white photos of our kids.  I had seen on Pinterest, how people had printed off photos and adhered them to thick poster board and mounted the boards on their walls.  This made the photos look like they were floating on the walls.


For some reason, I just couldn't get a good photo.
     My sister Stephanie said that she had a broken book shelf that we could use to put the photos on!  I used the photos that Stephanie took (they're AWESOME!) and had them printed at Walmart.  I then used pieces of Stephanie's book shelf and made frames.  At first, I was just going to cut the book shelf to be the same size as the photos.  Then I decided to have them be a one inch frame around the photos. I measured the frames and cut them.  I used black paint to paint around the outer edges of the frame.
      I then used spray on adhesive to mount the photos onto the book shelf frames.  To get the frames to stick to the wall, I used 3M Velcro adhesive!  Those things are great.  We have 100 year old plaster walls and every time I put a nail into the wall, I can plaster falling behind the lath!  So this way, I don't destroy my walls and it's easy to fix if I have something crooked.  Which by the way, happens never!





LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!