Thursday, September 26, 2013

#Free Developing Positive Character Trait Cards #Homeschool


          I've added something to our home school agenda!  I've been wanting to teach Lily about how to make good choices.  I know I did this with my older 2 kids and they were really good about using manners, making good choices, and using appropriate language. Well, now at age 13 & 11, you wouldn't have known that they were raised by a mom instead of a pack of wolves!  So, I'm really trying to instill it into Lily how to make good choices and what good choices look like.


          Since I'm already "teaching" her, I just thought that I'd add it into our weekly routine.  As a former 2nd grade teacher I always tried teaching my students about character and how to become a better person.  Well, now it's Lily's turn and maybe Andrew & Chloe's again!


        I plan on printing out the cards and each week, we will focus on 1 card.  I'll try to keep the theme of the card running throughout the week.  I'll use this time to talk to Lily about what a good person is and why it’s important and hard to make good choices.  My hope is that by practicing, when the real time comes, she’ll be prepared to make the right choice.


          If you're interested in printing out these cards, you can find them on my Teachers Pay Teachers store- here.  There are 28 cards and they're FREE! 


I'm linking up here:
    
  



LSP Signature

5 comments :

  1. These are so cute! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing at All Our Days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're trying to instill some core values in our kids, and what starts early seems to stick longer. We hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- these are amazing!! I will be pinning this and sharing on FB!! Thanks for this amazing resource :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the compliment and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!