Saturday, January 23, 2016

How to Take a Screen Shot



     Knowing how to take a screen shot is so important!  It's a great way to help train your teammates when you can't do it in person.  I love using the "Snipping Tool" to take pics of my screen.  However, sometimes this tool just doesn't cut it.  When I'm trying to highlight something, the "Snipping Tool" doesn't show the highlight.  Simply because I have to use my mouse to highlight something AND I have to use my mouse to use the "Snipping Tool"- can't do both at the same time!

     This is when a screenshot comes in handy!  With a screenshot, I can use the mouse to highlight something and still get a picture (including the highlighted part).    Here's how you do it...

1.  Open the window that you want to take a screenshot of


Notice how my highlighted are is still shown with a screen shot!



2.  Hold the "ALT" button on the keyboard and then press the "PrtSc" or "Print Screen" button


3.  Click the "Start" button (circle window's icon)



4.  Then move your mouse to the "All Programs", then "Accessories" and then "Paint"


5.  A new "Paint" screen will open and this is where you will "Paste" your screen shot



6.  Go ahead and click "Save As" and choose a location where you want the screen shot to be saved


And you're DONE!!

LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!