Saturday, August 3, 2013

#DIY A-Frame Play Tent Tutorial

     I've been seeing these A-Frame play tents all over Pinterest.  We were getting ready for our annual Wisconsin vacation and I knew that these would be perfect for the beach. I found perfect and easy instructions over at Cakies blog.


     I went to Menards and purchased the wood and dowel rods.  For the wood, I bought 3- 12' (1' x 2') cedar boards- because they were on sale and 2- 3/4" x 48" dowel rods.  I figured that we could make 2 tents using the 3 boards.  The total cost was under $15!
   I was totally planning on cutting the wood (I love using power tools) but Ryan surprised me when I was visiting my parents.  He even took photos, so I could blog about it!  What a sweetheart.  He ended up making 2 tents.  The first tent used 4- 48" boards and the second tent used 4- 72" boards.



      He also drilled the holes using a 3/4" bit.  The holes are where the dowel rods connect the boards together- forming the top of the A-frame.


        I then used fabric that I had on hand and sewed a hem around the edges.  For the 48" tent, the fabric was approximately 43" x 83".  For the 72" tent, the fabric was approximately 43" x 150".  I added a 5" elastic band at each of the 4 corners. 

 
 Once the A-frame is put together, the elastic bands holds the fabric onto the frame.






LSP Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and leaving a message!